3G BJJ Team Leader: Professor Rosendo Diaz
Rosendo is the team leader of the 3rd Generation Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Team. He is a 2nd degree black belt under Royler Gracie and David Adiv. Rosendo has an extensive training background in the martial arts with over 25 years experience. He was the defensive tactics instructor for the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department during the late 1990's. Rosendo travels throughout the country and abroad teaching the 3rd Generation Jiu Jitsu team curriculum.
Head BJJ Instructor: Gregg Anderson
Gregg, a 1st degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, is a detective by trade and has co-owned and operated Harrisburg Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Judo for over 12 years. Gregg is the Harrisburg area's first black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and is a brown belt in Judo. With a focus on teaching, Gregg has produced numerous champions in gi and no-gi Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Gregg takes pride in training students for competition, but at the same time, he recognizes that competition is not for everyone. As such, Gregg is dedicated to helping students achieve whatever their goals may be, whether they be self-defense, fitness or competition. In addition to teaching Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Gregg has taught arrest and control tactics to military and law enforcement agents for over 12 years.
BJJ Instructor: Luis Rosa
Luis is a law enforcement director and college professor by trade. He has over 20 years of criminal justice experience and has administered over 350 college credits. A lifelong martial artist, Luis holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and has trained in Tae Kwon Do and boxing. Luis prides himself on teaching and helping others. He has a love for baseball and is the executive director for the Harrisburg Hornets. Luis believes that education is the key to a lifetime of success. Luis' competitive accomplishments include:
- 2010 NAGA Newark Men’s Gi Masters Purple Belt Middleweight Champion.
- 2010 NAGA Newark Men’s Masters No Gi Expert Middleweight Division Bronze Medalist.
- 2009 NAGA Virginia Masters No Gi Intermediate Lightweight Champion.
- 2009 NAGA Virginia Masters Blue Belt Lightweight Division Bronze Medalist.
- 2009 NAGA World’s Expert No Gi Lightweight Division Silver Medalist.
- 2008 Red Rose Rumble Gi Beginner’s Lightweight Division Bronze Medalist.
- 2007 RGDA International Tournament Beginner’s Lightweight Division Silver Medalist.
BJJ Instructor: Shaun Raber
Shaun is a welder/fabricator by trade and is a proud employee of Hydroworx International. Shaun holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and is an accomplished wrestler.
Shaun's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu accomplishments include:
- 2014 Keystone Games BJJ Brown Belt Silver Medalist
- 2011 New York Open Purple Belt Gold Medalist
- 2008 and 2009 Red Rose Rumble Gold Medalist
- 2009 Man Up You Sissy Tournament Silver Medalist
- 2007 RGDA International Championships Silver Medalist
Shaun's wrestling accomplishments include:
- 1998 PIAA State Qualifier
- 1998 District 3 Bronze Medalist
- 1998 Section 2 Bronze Medalist
- 1997 Donegal Holiday Tournament Silver Medalist
- 1997 Manhiem Township Blue Streak Tournament Silver Medalist
Head Judo Instructor & BJJ Instructor: David Brogan
Dave is an attorney and an elected constable by trade and was drawn to the martial arts primarily for fitness and self-defense. Dave holds a 2nd degree black belt in Judo, a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Dave is also a certified USJA Judo coach, has completed the IBJJF BJJ Rules certification, has completed the CDC's "Heads Up Concussion in Youth Sports" training and Team USA's "Safe Sport" child abuse awareness training.
Dave's competitive accomplishments include:
- 2018 Ken Tamai Memorial Judo Tournament Silver Medalist (Masters Black Belt Division)
- 2013 Shufu Lancaster Open (Judo) Gold Medalist (Black Belt Division)
- 2012 Shufu Lancaster Open (Judo) Bronze Medalist (Black Belt Division)
- 2012 Keystone State Games (Judo) Silver Medalist (Black Belt Division)
- 2012 Keystone State Games (Submission Grappling) Gold Medalist
- 2011 Keystone State Games (Judo) Gold Medalist
- 2010 Keystone State Games (Judo) Silver Medalist
- 2009 PA State Judo Championships Bronze Medalist.
An avid fan of MMA, Dave also works as an inspector and is a licensed MMA judge for the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission.
Head Children's BJJ, Beginner's BJJ & Women's Self-Defense Instructor: Monica Brogan
Monica is a paralegal by trade and was drawn to the martial arts seeking a fitness activity that she could share with her husband. Monica instantly fell in love with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Monica holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and a black belt in Judo. Monica has completed the IBJJF BJJ Rules certification.
An absolute terror on the mat, Monica's competitive accomplishments include:
- 2015 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge Advanced No-Gi Gold Medalist
- 2015 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge Brown Belt Silver Medalist
- 2013 YMMAA Winter Invitational Gi & Absolute Gold Medalist
- 2012 Team 3G In-House Tournament Gold Medalist
- 2012 Keystone State Games (Women's Judo) Gold Medalist
- 2012 Keystone State Games (Men's Submission Grappling) Gold Medalist
- 2012 YMMAA Invitational Gold Medalist
- 2012 Warrior's Challenge Double Gold Medalist
- 2011 Keystone State Games (Submission Grappling Women) Gold Medalist
- 2011 Keystone State Games (Submission Grappling Men) Bronze Medalist
- 2010 Rupture Tournament Double Gold and Bronze Medalist
Head Kids Judo Instructor: Angel Mercado
Angel is an electrician by trade and is a second degree black belt in Kodokan Judo and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Angel is known for being an extremely technical Judoka with a passion for teaching and pushing his students to reach their highest potential.